Select NCI/NIH/DHHS Reports
Find important information about NCI's research priorities and budget proposal for the most recent Fiscal Years:
- The Nation's Investment in Cancer Research: A Plan and Budget Proposal for Fiscal Year 2010
- The Nation's Investment in Cancer Research: A Plan and Budget for Fiscal Year 2008
- Archive: NCI Annual Plans and Budget Proposals
Searchable library of NCI Annual Plans and Budget Proposals for previous fiscal years.
To learn more about long-term strategic planning for NCI's research investment, please refer to The NCI Strategic Plan:
NCI Strategic Plan for Leading the Nation: To Eliminate the Suffering and Death Due to Cancer
One major goal outlined in NCI's Strategic Plan is to overcome disparities across the cancer control continuum from disease prevention to end-of-life care by studying and identifying factors contributing to disparities, developing culturally appropriate intervention approaches, and disseminating interventions. See Strategic Objective 8 for more information.
Find information about NIH's, and DHHS's research priorities related to health disparities:
- NIH Strategic Research Plan and Budget to Reduce and Ultimately Eliminate Health Disparities
Find NIH's Strategic Research Plan to reduce and eliminate health disparities, developed by NCMHD's Division of Scientific Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis (DSSPPA).
- Trans-HHS Cancer Health Disparities Progress Review Group (PRG): Fact Sheet
Useful fact sheet with information about PRGs, the purpose and impact of the Trans-HHS PRG Report, and how this initiative differs from other health disparities reports, as well as general information about cancer health disparities.