NON Goals and Objectives
What are the goals of the National Outreach Network (NON)?
- Build and sustain a network that connects NCI-supported outreach, community education, and dissemination efforts with community-based cancer health disparities research and training programs in at-risk and underrepresented communities.
- Enhance NCI's ability to develop and disseminate culturally sensitive, evidence-based cancer information that is tailored to the specific needs and expectations of at-risk and underrepresented communities.
- Increase community's knowledge, decision-making skills, and involvement in cancer research.
- Promote a diverse cancer health disparities workforce.
What are the objectives of the National Outreach Network (NON)?
- Enhance researchers' and trainers' understanding of diverse communities.
- Actively incorporate outreach activities into NCI's community-based, cancer health disparities research programs.
- Develop best practices on effective outreach strategies to at-risk and underrepresented communities.
- Inform the community about important research goals and seek input on the research agenda. Provide a vital link between NCI and communities that enables the quick dissemination of cancer information.
- Develop local interventions and campaigns that effectively distribute NCI cancer information to communities in order to enhance decision-making processes and strategies to cope with specific health disparity problems.