Patient Navigation Information: Publications, Web Sites, and Applications
- Bickell NA, Young, GJ. Coordination of care for early-stage breast cancer patients. J Gen Intern Med 2001;16(11):737-42.
- Burhansstipanov L, Wound DB, et al. Culturally relevant "Navigator" patient support. The Native sisters. Cancer Pract 1998;6(3):191-4.
- Cancer Care Nova Scotia. Cancer Patient Navigation Evaluation: Final Report*. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: Cancer Care Nova Scotia; 2004.
- Dohan D, Schrag D. Using navigators to improve care of underserved patients. Cancer 2005; 104(4):848-855.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Evidence report and evidence based recommendations*: cancer prevention and treatment demonstration for ethnic and racial minorities. Prepared by Schneider Institute for Health Policy and the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University, Contract No. 500-00-0031. Baltimore: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; 2003.
- Farber JM, Deschamps M, et al. Investigation and Assessment of the Navigator Role in Meeting the Information, Decisional and Educational Needs of Women with Breast Cancer in Canada*: Canadian Breast Cancer Initiative, Health Canada; 2002.
- Freeman HP. Patient navigation: A community based strategy to reduce cancer disparities. 2006;J Urban Health 83(2):139-141.
- Freeman HP, Muth BJ, et al. Expanding access to cancer screening and clinical follow-up among the medically underserved. 1995;Cancer Pract 3(1):19-30.
- Health Care Association of New York State (HANYS) Breast Cancer Demonstration Project. Breast Health Patient Navigator Resource Kit. Rensselaer, NY: HANYS; 2002.
- Haynes MA, Smedley BD (eds). The Unequal Burden of Cancer: An Assessment of Research and Program for Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved. Washington, D.C.: Institute of Medicine, National Academy Press; 1999.
- Hiatt RA, Pasick RJ, et al. Community-based cancer screening for underserved women: Design and baseline findings from the Breast and Cervical Cancer Intervention Study. Prev Med 2001;33(3):190-203.
- President's Cancer Panel. Facing Cancer in Indian Country: The Yakama Nation and Pacific Northwest Tribes (President's Cancer Panel 2002 Annual Report). Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2003.
- President's Cancer Panel. Voices of a Broken System: Real People, Real Problems (President's Cancer Panel, Report of the Chairman, 2000-2001). Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2001.
- Psooy BJ, Schreuer D, et al. Patient navigation: Improving timeliness in the diagnosis of breast abnormalities. 2004;Can Assoc Radiol J 55(3):145-50.
- Smedley BD, Stith AY, Nelson AR (eds). Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, The National Academies Press; 2003. Weinrich, S. P., M. D. Boyd, et al. Increasing prostate cancer screening in African American men with peer-educator and client-navigator interventions. 1998;J Cancer Educ 13(4):213-9.
*The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the PDF file. If you don't have Acrobat reader, you can download it free of charge.