To measure the impact of Patient Navigation services, the PNRP projects will address the following research questions:
- How do patient navigation services assist patients in overcoming cancer care barriers (e.g., financial, language, transportation, health system)?
- To what extent does type/degree of service reduce or eliminate patient barriers to accessing timely, quality standard cancer care?
- Do navigated patients receive more timely cancer care diagnosis and treatment?
- Does matching of patient and navigator demographics and primary spoken language affect standard-of-care adherence and perceived cancer care satisfaction?
- Are patient navigation services cost-effective in reducing cancer health disparities?