Asian Tobacco Education and Cancer Awareness Research Initiative (ATECAR)
Principal Investigator: Grace Ma, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fu, S.S., Ma, G.X., Tu, X.M., Siu, P.T. & Metlay, J.P.
Cigarette smoking among Chinese Americans and the influence of linguistic acculturation.
Nicotine & Tobacco Research 2003; 5(6), 803-809.
- Ma, G.X.
Barriers to the use of health services by Chinese Americans.
Journal of Allied Health 2000; 29(2), 64-70.
- Ma, G.X., Chu, K, Jackson, F., & Tsou W.
The Asian tobacco education, cancer awareness and research’s role in tobacco and cancer control efforts in Asian American communities.
Asian American and Pacific Islander Journal of Health 2003; 10(1), 25-39.
- Ma, G.X., & Du, C.
Culturally competent home health service delivery for Asian Americans.
Journal of Home Health Care Management & Practice 2000; 12(5), 16-24.
- Ma, G.X., Fang, C., Shive, S., Su, X., Toubbeh, J.I., Miller S. & Tan, Y.
A culturally enhanced smoking cessation study among Chinese and Korean smokers.
The International Journal of Health Education 2005; 8, 1-10
- Ma, G.X., Fang, C.Y., Tan, Y. & Feeley, R.M.
Perceptions of risks of smoking among Asian Americans.
Preventive Medicine 2003; 37(4), 349-355.
- Ma, G.X. & Fleisher, L.
Awareness of cancer information among Asian Americans.
Journal of Community Health 2003; 28(2), 115-130.
- Ma, G.X., Fleisher, L., Gonzalez, E., & Edwards, R.L.
Improving cancer awareness among Asian Americans using targeted and culturally appropriate media: A case study.
Journal of Home Health Care Management and Practice 2004; 17(1), 39-44.
- Ma, G.X., Lan, Y.J., Edwards, R., Shive, S., & Chao T.
Evaluation of a culturally tailored smoking prevention program for Asian American youth.
Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education 2004; 48(3), 17-38
- Ma, G.X., Lan, Y.J., Toubbeh, M.I., & Zhai, C.K.
Tobacco use in China: Prevalence, consequences and control.
California Journal of Health Promotion 2004; 2(1), 107-119
- Ma, G.X. & Shive, S.
A comparative analysis of perceived risks and substance abuse ethnic groups.
Addictive Behaviors: An International Journal 2000; 25(3), 361-371.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S., Legos, P., & Tan, Y.
Ethnic differences in adolescent smoking behaviors, sources of tobacco, knowledge and attitudes toward restriction policies.
Addictive Behavior 2003; 28(2), 249-268.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S.E., Tan, Y., & Feeley, R.M.
The impact of acculturation on smoking in Asian American homes.
Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 2004; 15(2), 267-280.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S., Tan Y., & Ruzek, S.
Development and implementation of health surveys in Asian American communities: An example of research on smoking behaviors and perceived cancer risks.
California Journal of Health Promotion 2003; 1(3), 135-148.
- Ma, G.X., Tan, Y., Su, X.F., Toubbeh, J.I., Shive, S. & Lan, Y.J.
Acculturation and smoking behavior in Asian-American populations.
Health Education Research 2004; 19(6), 615-625
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S., Tan, Y., Thomas, P., & Vung, L.M.
Development of a culturally appropriate smoking cessation program for Chinese American youth.
Journal of Adolescent Health 2004; 35(3), 206-216.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S., Tan, Y., & Toubbeh, J.I.
Prevalence and predictors of smoking behaviors among Asian Americans in the Delaware Valley region.
American Journal of Public Health 2002; 92(6), 1013-1020.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S.E., Tan, Y., Toubbeh, J.I., Fang, C., & Edwards, R.L.
Tobacco use, secondhand smoke exposure and their related knowledge, attitudes and behaviors among Asian Americans.
Addictive Behaviors 2005; 30, 725-740
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S.E., Toubbeh, J.I., Tan, Y., & Zhao, S.
Social influences and smoking behaviors among four Asian American subgroups.
California Journal of Health Promotion 2003; 3(1), 123-134.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S.E., Toubbeh, J. I., Wu, D., & Wang, P.
Risk perceptions, barriers, benefits and self-efficacy of Hepatitis B screening and vaccination among Chinese immigrants.
International Journal of Health Education.2006; 9, 133-140.
- Ma, G.X., Shive, S., & Tracy, M.
The effects of licensing and inspection enforcement to reduce tobacco sales to minors in greater Philadelphia, 1994-1998.
Addictive Behaviors: An International Journal 2001; 25(6), 215-227.
- Ma, G.X., Tan, Y., Fang, C., Toubbeh, J.I., & Shive, S.E.
Knowledge, attitudes and behavior regarding secondhand smoke among Asian Americans.
Preventive Medicine 2005; 41, 446-453
- Ma, G.X., Tan, Y., Feeley, R., & Thomas, P.
Perceived risks of certain types of cancer and heart disease among Asian Americans smokers and non-smokers. Journal of Community Health 2002; 27(4), 233-246.
- Ma, G.X., Tan, Y., Toubbeh, J.I., Edwards, R.L., Shive, S.E., Siu, P. Wang, P., & Fang, C.Y.
ATECAR Special Population Network: A model for reducing Asian American cancer health disparities.
Cancer 2006; 107(S8), 1995-2005.
- Ma, G.X., Tan, Y., Toubbeh, J.I., & Su, X.F.
Differences in stages of change of smoking behaviors among current smokers for four Asian American subgroups.
Addictive Behaviors 2003; 28(8), 1431-1439.
- Ma, G.X., Toubbeh, J.I., Su, X.F., & Edwards, R.L.
ATECAR: An Asian community-based participatory research model on tobacco and cancer control.
Health Promotion Practice 2004; 5(4), 382-394.
- Shive, S. E., Ma, G.X., Legos, P., & Shive, S.E.
A study of adolescents who provide tobacco to other adolescents in a racial/ethnic diverse population.
California Journal of Health Promotion 2003; 1(4), 88-99.
- Shive, S., Ma, G.X., & Shive, E.
A study of young adults who provide tobacco products to minors.
Journal of School Health 2001; 71(6), 218-222.
- Shive, S.E., Ma, G.X., Tan, Y., Toubbeh, J.I., Parameswaran, L., & Halowich, J.
Health information and cancer screening differences among Asian Americans.
California Journal of Health Promotion 2006; 4(1), 1-11.
- Su, X.F., Ma, G.X., Seals, B., Tan, Y., & Hausman A.
Breast cancer early detection among Chinese women in the Philadelphia area.
Journal of Women’s Health 2006; 15(5), 507-519
- >Torsch, V. & Ma, G.X.
Cross-cultural comparison of health perceptions, concerns, and coping strategies among Asian and Pacific Islander elders.
Qualitative Health Research 2000; 10(4), 471-489.