Redes En Acción
Principal Investigator: Amelie G. Ramirez, Dr. P.H. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alderete,E, Juarbe,TC, Kaplan,CP, Pasick,R, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Depressive symptoms among women with an abnormal mammogram.
- Alfano,CM, Zbikowski,SM, Robinson,LA, Klesges,RC, Scarinci,IC.
Adolescent reports of physician counseling for smoking.
- Anderson,SJ, Glantz,SA, Ling,PM.
Emotions for sale: cigarette advertising and women's psychosocial needs.
- Aparicio-Ting,F, Ramirez,AG.
Breast and cervical cancer knowledge, attitudes, and screening practices of Hispanic women diagnosed with cancer.
J.Cancer Educ. 2003;18(4):230-236.
- Beech,BM, Scarinci,IC.
Smoking attitudes and practices among low-income African-Americans: qualitative assessment of contributing factors.
Am.J.Health Promot. 2003;17(4):240-248.
- Benowitz,NL, Perez-Stable,EJ, Herrera,B, Jacob,P, III.
Slower metabolism and reduced intake of nicotine from cigarette smoking in Chinese-Americans.
J.Natl.Cancer Inst. 1-16-2002;94(2):108-115.
- Cabral,DN, Napoles-Springer,AM, Miike,R, McMillan,A, Sison,JD, Wrensch,MR, Perez-Stable,EJ, Wiencke,JK.
Population- and community-based recruitment of African Americans and Latinos: the San Francisco Bay Area Lung Cancer Study.
- Chan,PG, Sung,HY, Sawaya,GF.
Changes in cervical cancer incidence after three decades of screening US women less than 30 years old.
- Dahn,JR, Penedo,FJ, Molton,I, Lopez,L, Schneiderman,N, Antoni,MH.
Physical activity and sexual functioning after radiotherapy for prostate cancer: beneficial effects for patients undergoing external beam radiotherapy.
- Dahn,JR, Penedo,FJ, Gonzalez,JS, Esquiabro,M, Antoni,MH, Roos,BA, Schneiderman,N.
Sexual functioning and quality of life after prostate cancer treatment: considering sexual desire.
- Dobbie,A, Medrano,M, Olney,C, Tysinger,J.
A curriculum in health beliefs for first year medical students.
Family Medicine 2003;35(3):316-319.
Reaching out to America's immigrants: community health advisors and health communication.
Am.J.Health Behav. 2003;27 Suppl 3:S196-S205.
- Elder,JP, Litrownik,AJ, Slymen,DJ, Campbell,NR, Parra-Medina,D, Choe,S, Lee,V, Ayala,GX.
Tobacco and alcohol use-prevention program for Hispanic migrant adolescents.
- Fernandez-Esquer,ME, Espinoza,P, Torres,I, Ramirez,AG, McAlister,AL.
A su salud: a quasi-experimental study among Mexican American women.
Am.J.Health Behav. 2003;27(5):536-545.
- Fernandez-Esquer,ME, Espinoza,P, Ramirez,AG, McAlister,AL.
Repeated Pap smear screening among Mexican-American women.
Health Educ.Res. 2003;18(4):477-487.
- Fernandez,A, Schillinger,D, Grumbach,K, Rosenthal,A, Stewart,AL, Wang,F, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Physician language ability and cultural competence. An exploratory study of communication with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Gonzalez Burchard,E, Ziv,E, Coyle,N, Gomez,SL, Tang,H, Karter,AJ, Mountain,JL, Perez-Stable,EJ, Sheppard,D, Risch,N.
The importance of race and ethnicity in biomedical research and clinical practice.
- Haas,JS, Phillips,KA, Sonneborn,D, McCulloch,CE, Baker,LC, Kaplan,CP, Perez-Stable,EJ, Liang,SY.
Variation in access to health care for different racial/ethnic groups by the racial/ethnic composition of an individual's county of residence.
- Juarbe,TC, Kaplan,CP, Somkin,CP, Pasick,R, Gildengorin,G, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Are risk factors for breast cancer associated with follow-up procedures in diverse women with abnormal mammography?
Cancer Causes Control 2005;16(3):245-253.
- Juarbe,TC, Turok,XP, Warda,MR.
Coping strategies associated with physical activity and healthy dietary practice barriers among Central and Mexican American women.
Hispanic Health Care International 2005;2(2):51-62.
- Kaplan,CP, Perez-Stable,EJ, Fuentes-Afflick,E, Gildengorin,V, Millstein,S, Juarez-Reyes,M.
Smoking cessation counseling with young patients: the practices of family physicians and pediatricians.
- Karliner,LS, Patricia,KC, Juarbe,T, Pasick,R, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Poor patient comprehension of abnormal mammography results.
- Karliner,LS, Perez-Stable,EJ, Gildengorin,G.
The language divide. The importance of training in the use of interpreters for outpatient practice.
- Kerlikowske,K, Shepherd,J, Creasman,J, Tice,JA, Ziv,E, Cummings,SR.
Are breast density and bone mineral density independent risk factors for breast cancer?
J.Natl.Cancer Inst. 3-2-2005;97(5):368-374.
- Kinney,W, Sawaya,GF, Sung,HY, Kearney,KA, Miller,M, Hiatt,RA.
Stage at diagnosis and mortality in patients with adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix diagnosed as a consequence of cytologic screening.
Acta Cytol. 2003;47(2):167-171.
- Lai,KQ, Nguyen,TT, Mock,J, McPhee,SJ, Doan,HT, Pham,TH.
Increasing Vietnamese-American physicians' knowledge of cervical cancer and Pap testing: impact of continuing medical education programs.
Ethn.Dis. 2004;14(3 Suppl 1):S122-S127.
- Landman,A, Ling,PM, Glantz,SA.
Tobacco industry youth smoking prevention programs: protecting the industry and hurting tobacco control.
Am.J.Public Health 2002;92(6):917-930.
- Lenert,L, Munoz,RF, Stoddard,J, Delucchi,K, Bansod,A, Skoczen,S, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Design and pilot evaluation of a high intensity Internet smoking cessation program.
J.Am.Med Inform.Assoc 2003;10(1):16-20.
- Ling,PM, Landman,A, Glantz,SA.
It is time to abandon youth access tobacco programs.
- Ling,PM, Glantz,SA.
Nicotine addiction, young adults, and smoke-free bars.
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2002;21(2):101-104.
- Ling,PM, Glantz,SA.
Using tobacco-industry marketing research to design more effective tobacco-control campaigns.
- Ling,PM, Glantz,SA.
Why and how the tobacco industry sells cigarettes to young adults: evidence from industry documents.
Am.J.Public Health 2002;92(6):908-916.
- Ling,PM, Glantz,SA.
Young adults and smoking cessation: lessons from the tobacco industry.
Journal of General Internal Medicine 2004;19:422-429.
- Medrano,MA, Brzyski,RG, Easton,CA.
Role of the focus group in the design of questionnaire-based studies of endometriosis patients.
Womens Health Issues 2003.
- Miller,M, Sung,H, Sawaya,G, Kearney,K, Kinney,W, Hiatt,R.
Screening interval and risk of invasive squamous-cell cervical cancer: a case-control study among long-term members of a large prepaid health plan.
- Miller,MG, Sung,HY, Sawaya,GF, Kearney,KA, Kinney,W, Hiatt,RA.
Screening interval and risk of invasive squamous cell cervical cancer.
- Moreno-John,G, Gachie,A, Fleming,CM, Napoles-Springer,A, Mutran,E, Manson,SM, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Ethnic minority older adults participating in clinical research: developing trust.
J.Aging Health 2004;16(5 Suppl):93S-123S.
- Napoles-Springer,AM, Santoyo,J, Houston,K, Perez-Stable,EJ, Stewart,AL.
Patients' perceptions of cultural factors affecting the quality of their medical encounters.
Health Expect. 2005;8(1):4-17.
- Napoles-Springer,AM, Santoyo,J, Stewart,AL.
Recruiting ethnically diverse general internal medicine patients for a telephone survey on physician-patient communication.
- Napoles-Springer,AM, Fongwa,MN, Stewart,AL, Gildengorin,G, Perez-Stable,EJ.
The effectiveness of an advance notice letter on the recruitment of African Americans and Whites for a mailed patient satisfaction survey.
J.Aging Health 2004;16(5 Suppl):124S-136S.
- Otero-Sabogal,R, Stewart,S, Sabogal,F, Brown,BA, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Access and attitudinal factors related to breast and cervical cancer rescreening: Why are Latinas still underscreened?
Health Educ Behav 2003;30:337-359.
- Penedo,F, Dahn,JR.
Prostate cancer and quality of life: A review and evaluation of the impact of treatment,disease burden and psychosocial interventions.
Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research 2004;4(5):525-535.
- Penedo,FJ, Dahn,JR, Molton,I, Gonzalez,JS, Kinsinger,D, Roos,BA, Carver,CS, Schneiderman,N, Antoni,MH.
Cognitive-behavioral stress management improves stress-management skills and quality of life in men recovering from treatment of prostate carcinoma.
- Penedo,FJ, Dahn,JR, Gonzalez,JS, Molton,I, Carver,CS, Antoni,MH, Roos,BA, Schneiderman,N.
Perceived stress management skill mediates the relationship between optimism and positive mood following radical prostatectomy.
Health Psychol. 2003;22(2):220-222.
- Penedo,FJ, Schneiderman,N, Dahn,JR, Gonzalez,JS.
Physical activity interventions in the elderly: cancer and co-morbidity.
Cancer Invest 2004;22(1):51-67.
- Ramirez,AG, Gallion,KJ, Suarez,L, Giachello,AL, Marti,JR, Medrano,MA, Perez-Stable,EJ, Talavera,GA, Trapido,EJ.
A national agenda for Latino cancer prevention and control.
- Ramirez,AG, Suarez,L, Chalela,P, Talavera,GA, Marti,J, Trapido,EJ, Villarreal,R, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Cancer risk factors among men of diverse Hispanic or Latino origins.
- Ramirez,AG, Gomez,J.
Genetics and Latinos: proceedings of a national summit.
Cancer Res. 4-15-2005;65(8):2996.
- Saint,M, Gildengorin,G, Sawaya,GF.
Cervical cancer screening practices of United States physicians.
Am.J.Obstetrics and Gynecology 2005;192(2):414-421.
- Salpeter,SR, Walsh,JM, Greyber,E, Ormiston,TM, Salpeter,EE.
Mortality associated with hormone replacement therapy in younger and older women: a meta-analysis.
- Sawaya,GF, Sung,HY, Kearney,KA, Miller,M, Kinney,W, Hiatt,RA, Mandelblatt,J.
Advancing age and cervical cancer screening and prognosis.
- Sawaya,GF, Mandelblatt,J.
Rebuttal to the balance of harms, benefits, and costs of screening for cervical cancer in older women: the case for continued screening.
- Sawaya,GF, McConnell,KJ, Kulasingam,SL, Lawson,HW, Kerlikowske,K, Melnikow,J, Lee,NC, Gildengorin,G, Myers,ER, Washington,AE.
Risk of cervical cancer associated with extending the interval between cervical-cancer screenings.
Should routine screening Papanicolaou smears be done for women older than 65 years?
- Scarinci,IC, Beech,BM, Kovach,KW, Bailey,TL.
An examination of sociocultural factors associated with cervical cancer screening among low-income Latina immigrants of reproductive age.
- Scarinci,IC, Thomas,J, Brantley,PJ, Jones,GN.
Examination of the temporal relationship between smoking and major depressive disorder among low-income women in public primary care clinics.
Am.J.Health Promot. 2002;16(6):323-330.
- Scarinci,IC, Robinson,LA, Alfano,CM, Zbikowski,SM, Klesges,RC.
The relationship between socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and cigarette smoking in urban adolescents.
- Schoenfeld,N, Juarbe,T.
From sunrise to sunset: an ethnography of rural Ecuadorian women's perceived health needs and resources.
Health Care Women Int. 2005;26(10):957-77.
- Sepe,E, Ling,PM, Glantz,SA.
Smooth moves: bar and nightclub tobacco promotions that target young adults.
Am.J.Public Health 2002;92(3):414-419.
- Silveira, A. F., Santos, D. F. dos, and Scarinci, I. C.
"Considerations about tobacco use among working women in Curitiba.," in Sourcebook on Mental Health, Psychopathology and Psychoanalyses.Silveira, A. F., Carneiro, N. G. O., and Montenegro, C. A. F. Champagnat / Fiocruz, Curitiba: PR, Brazil, 2005:Ramirez, Amelie - Redes En Acción Cancer Awareness, Training and Research Somkin,CP, McPhee,SJ, Nguyen,T, Stewart,S, Shema,SJ, Nguyen,B, Pasick,R.
The effect of access and satisfaction on regular mammogram and Papanicolaou test screening in a multiethnic population. Med.Care 2004;42(9):914-926.
- Stewart,AL, Napoles-Springer,AM.
Advancing health disparities research: Can we afford to ignore measurement issues?
- Stoddard,J, Delucchi,K, Munoz,R, Collins,N, Stable,EP, Augustson,E, Lenert,L.
Smoking cessation research via the Internet: a feasibility study.
J.Health Commun. 2005;10(1):27-41.
- Talavera,GA, Ramirez,AG, Suarez,L, Villarreal,R, Marti,J, Trapido,E, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Predictors of digital rectal examination in U.S. Latinos.
- Taylor,VM, Yasui,Y, Burke,N, Nguyen,T, Acorda,E, Thai,H, Qu,P, Jackson,JC.
Pap testing adherence among Vietnamese American women.
Cancer Epidemiol.Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13(4):613-619.
- Toll,BA, Ling,PM.
The Virginia Slims identity crisis: an inside look at tobacco industry marketing to women.
- Vo,PD, Nguyen,TT, Nguyen,P, Hilton,JF, Palefsky,JM, Ma,Y, McPhee,SJ.
Human papillomavirus and abnormal Pap test results in Vietnamese-American women: a pilot case-control study.
J.Low Genit.Tract.Dis. 2004;8(3):217-223.
- Walsh,JM, Kaplan,CP, Nguyen,B, Gildengorin,G, McPhee,SJ, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Barriers to colorectal cancer screening in Latino and Vietnamese Americans. Compared with non-Latino white Americans.
- Walsh,JM, Posner,SF, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Colon cancer screening in the ambulatory setting.
- Washington,AE, Napoles-Springer,A, Forte,DA, Alexander,M, Perez-Stable,EJ.
Establishing centers to address treatment effectiveness in diverse ethnic groups: the MEDTEP experience.
- Watson,JM, Scarinci,IC, Klesges,RC, Murray,DM, Vander,WM, DeBon,M, Eck-Clemens,LH, Slawson,DL, McClanahan,B.
Relationships among smoking status, ethnicity, socioeconomic indicators, and lifestyle variables in a biracial sample of women.
- Woodruff,SI, Talavera,GA, Elder,JP.
Evaluation of a culturally appropriate smoking cessation intervention for Latinos.
- Ziv,E, Burchard,EG.
Human population structure and genetic association studies.
- Ziv,E, Shepherd,J, Smith-Bindman,R, Kerlikowske,K.
Mammographic breast density and family history of breast cancer.
J.Natl.Cancer Inst. 4-2-2003;95(7):556-558.
- Ziv,E, Tice,JA, Shepherd,J, Smith-Bindman,RCSKK.
Mammographic breast density predicts both ER-positive and ER-negative breast cancers.
Cancer Epidemiol.Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13(12):2090-2095.